Grasse Walking Tour: The History of Perfume
Meet your tour guide anywhere in Grasse.
Explore Grasse on a private guided tour and visit the Fragonard Perfumery or the Galimard Perfumery.
Grasse Walking Tour includes:
Guided walking tour of the UNESCO historical center of Grasse including:
- The Place aux Aires and its traditional market. Before the tanners were washing their leathers in the water canals crossing the square.
- The nicest old palaces of the city such as the Isnard home, the Hôtel Court de Fontmichel, the Hôtel de Clapiers-Cabris (inspired by Aix en Provence 17th century architecture), the Hôtel Luce, the Hôtel de Villeneuve (16th century), the Hôtel Gazan de la Peyrière.
- The Cours Honoré Cresp for a superb panoramic view over the city and the hills.
- Notre-Dame-du-Puy Cathedral: a perfect example of the Provencal Romanesque architecture decorated with many paintings.
- The City Hall, the Clock Tower, the former fish market.
Follow your guide inside the Fragonard or the Galimard Perfume Factory.
- Private tour of one or the other Perfume Factory. Learn how the fragrances are made, from picking flowers to bottling. Sniff delightful aromas and take your time to choose the perfume you prefer at outlet price.